Tuesday

Vegetarian Singles vs. BBQ Singles

Are you having trouble looking for dates with high I.Q.s and great bodies? Well, all you have to do is a search on your favorite online dating site for the word "vegetarian." Yup, that's it, one simple search for vegetarian singles and you easily narrow down the gene pool to the hottest and brightest. What's that? You think I'm full of crap? Well ok, this might be a little controversial but hear me out and let me tell you about my not so scientific research.

So there I was poking around my favorite free online dating site, PlentyofFish.com, when I stumble upon a little known component of the Plenty of Fish dating site. Buried in it's advertising section is a page in which you get a demographic breakdown of members based on the interests listed in peoples dating profiles. Yea I know, if you're a stats junkie like me this is a pretty sweet find.

Naturally, my curiosity got the best of me and I started plugging stuff in. For some reason the word "zombies" popped into my head and figured that was as good a place to start my search as any. This search brings up a whole statistical breakdown from gender, income ranges, education, marital status, height, body type and even drinking ability.

So lets see, people who are interested in zombies are mostly: males, making less than $25,000 a year, are big and tall/BBW, and drink more than 3 times a week. Awesome!

You might imagine how much fun you could have with this thing just plugging in random weird crap. For instance, did you know that people interested in necrophilia have a 300% divorce rate? Who would have thought that?!

Despite my juvenile usage of this neat Internet tool, I decided to put my mind to better use.

Recently I had an argument with a friend of mine which I declared that the overall population of vegetarian females was hotter than the overall population of omnivores. It was a heated debate and my friend being anti-vegetarian for some reason refused to believe my theory. In addition, I wrote a post a few weeks ago about how vegetarian dating should be one of the categories in which to filter potential dates by.

However, now I have a chance to somewhat prove my point. I did searches with the Plenty of Fish demographic tool for interests involving the words vegetarian and barbecue. I figured people don't write "omnivore" or "carnivore" in their interests section so I had to go with a more round about word, thinking that a majority of people who like "barbecue" are big meat eaters.

I plugged all the data from my searches into a nifty spreadsheet, made some graphs and this is what I got:



So as I suspected, a large majority of vegetarians are female, which shouldn't be much of surprise to anyone. Of course, men are all about the BBBQ's. For those Simpsons fans out there, you know what the extra "B" stands for.




The education level is certainly interesting, showing more vegetarians with higher levels of education. I'm not sure if this means that smart people are deciding to take better care of their bodies or whether eating a vegetarian diet makes you smarter. Either way there seems to be some correlation there.



Of course this was the graph I was most interested in. You see, I'm a bit of a drinker myself and it's important to me that I can drag my female dates out to my favorite watering holes with me. Even when I'm browsing chicks on the Plenty of Fish site, I tend to filter by drinking habits... is that wrong? Anyways, I'm a little disappointed to see that a large majority of the vegetarians on the site don't drink at all. Is there such a thing as being too healthy? Although, I suppose you could always use your date as a designated driver...



Last but not least, the characteristic that I'm sure most guys filter in their online dating searches is body type. Come on now, don't lie fellas, we know what's up. According to this chart, if you like thin, then you'll love dating vegetarian singles.

So there's your Online Dating Stats 101 course for the day.  That is all.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:02 AM

    I'm vegetarian, non-drinker, non-smoker, thin and female. I fit this filter. I've noticed most men on Plentyoffish look like dumpster-diving fatties. Most are less well-educated than on other dating sites (overall). Either that, or I'm using the wrong filters, or they have a large prison following or I don't know what. Please post again on this topic, showing women the categories on POF where the hot, educated, athletic looking guys are. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I'm a vegetarian, non-drinker, non-smoker, well-educated, fit male. I'm having the same trouble as the above commenter finding such (good-looking) females.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange, I've found that in my group of Veg/Vegan friends, the girls are less toned, and generally more...fluffy. Lack of protein and all that. I'd bet on a omnivore that works out three times a week any day. Too bad there isn't a filter for gym membership!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're a vegetarian, you know just how stressful it can be to date someone else who isn't a vegetarian. Trying to cook a meal for two when one eats meat and the other doesn't may very well be the biggest headache a vegetarian will ever experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:42 PM

    I've never met a female who is a vegetarian, non-drinker and non-smoker, which is a shame.

    I find typing those filters into POF returns zero results; it's so unfair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:28 PM

    To all the vegetarians out there DON'T DATE A MEAT EATER. Stay true to who you are.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Policy:

Comments posted on this blog are moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and non-hostile.

Avoid including website URLs in your comment body and instead place them in the URL box in the comment form. Though Anonymous posting is enabled, please use a first name (even if it's fake) so that it is easier to identify commentators when responding to them.

Thank You.